Over the last few years, Snapchat has added a plethora of tools to enhance and personalize the creation of photos and videos on its platform. From the drawing tool to geo-filters, to zooming during filming and a night mode, there are now dozens of tweaks. Some of these are not exactly obvious, and there’s a chance you’re unfamiliar with all of these tips and tricks — so we made a video.
In this video, we reveal a handful of Snapchat secrets so you can create and tell more colorful and compelling Stories. We talk about the how-tos of editing and adding color to text, shooting techniques, your BooR code, filters, and more. If you have any Snapchat tips or secrets you want to share, drop a comment here.
Snapchat Tricks You Didn’t Know Existed
- Blow up emoji characters: To make emoji big — really big — “type” the one you want to use and hit the “T” symbol in the upper right corner. Then, with two fingers, zoom in and out of the emoji to make it bigger or smaller. (See Ryan Gosling above.)
- See who watched your story: Want to know exactly who’s been looking at your snaps? Tap on your story and you’ll see an eyeball with a number next to it. Tap on that eyeball and you’ll get a drop-down list with the names of all your followers who saw it.
- Tap — don’t hold — stories and snaps to see them: You no longer have to hold down on a story or individual snap to view it. Instead, just tap with your finger. You can still hit the screen to skip a story and move onto the next one. Want to exit a story? Simply swipe down.
- Switch between cameras while filming video: Now you can create videos of your face and your POV by swapping between front-facing and rear cameras during your snaps. Finally!
- Write multiple lines of text: The secret to adding paragraphs of text to your snaps is way easier than you’d expect
- Create your own geofilter: If you’re artistically inclined, you don’t have to wait for Snapchat to design a location-based art filter — simply make your own!
- Use real-time video chatting: You can call up your Snapchat contacts for a video call using this fun feature — just don’t take your finger off the screen!
- Skip through boring stories: You don’t have to watch all 240 seconds of your friend’s obnoxiously loud concert snaps — simply tap your screen to hop through snaps on somebody else’s story.
- Send cash with Snapcash: Not a fan of Venmo? No problem. Take care of on-the-go transactions with Snapchat’s money-transfer feature.
- Discover hidden colors: By dragging your finger from the rainbow color options box to various corners of your phone’s screen, you can discover shades like black, white, and pink — all of which are hidden to iPhone users. (See white and black in action below.)